Thursday, June 4, 2009
Fight Mode Finally....I hope
I went to see Julia yesterday and at first it really scared me because I didn't think she was better but they gave her a breathing treatment and a few minutes later she started to look alot better. Jan went up yesterday afternoon and was there when the oncologist came in. Dr. Thompson has a very good bed side manner and he told her she was a very sick woman but as long as she stayed in the fight mode he would be there to help her. Julia will see the radiologist today and it sounded like they would start the treatments immediately. He said they would transport Julia by ambulance for her treatments. Also, she has agreed to a feeding tube which hopefully will give her enough nourishment that she can begin to regain strength. This really surprised me, I honestly did not think she would agree to it but "Thank God" she did so that certainly reflects a survival instinct which I was not sure was there before. Monday she told me she was really going to fight this and the optimistic side of me believed her but her previous behaviors still haunted me. Her PCP, Dr. Wilson, certainly had Mike, Linda, and I upset and I think it actually hit Julia as well. He was very sweet and kind but he did not paint a very rosey picture. They are also going to try to remove her bag and put in a stint. As soon as I know when or if it is completed I will let you know. The Dr did ask her if her heart stopped at any point did she want to be revived and she confirmed, "yes". Julia is very weak and needs our prayers for regaining of her strength and the needed strength for these procedures and I know everyone is praying because there is beginning to be some light. Originally the hospitalist said she would be there three days but I really don't see that as a possibility now. I am going up there today and I will let you know about cards and calls ASAP. Thanks for being there for her. It is my pleasure to be able to keep you informed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't think I've ever met you Peggy, but thank you for keeping us informed.
ReplyDeleteMari
Peggy will add to this much better than I. Julia is now in ICU at Methodist. So much going on and Julia just can't seem to get a break.Everything seems to be working against
ReplyDeletesomething else. Please pray for her comfort. Mamaw Jan