Friday, June 5, 2009

Heaven Has a New & Very Beautiful Angel

It is with a very heavy ache in my heart that I blog now. Julie left this earth to be with her savior at 12:55 today. I know that each of you are saddened just as I. I am so thankful that God blessed me with the opportunity to call her my friend.

The family will have a memorial service most likely two weeks from tomorrow. As I know more I will post. Also, with the family's permission I would like to continue to share old photos and possibly stories of Julie over the next few weeks as a celebration of one of the sweetest lives I have been priviledged to experience.

I know for sure I now have a guardian angel.

4 comments:

  1. My heart aches, but I am so glad Julie will suffer no more pain and she is at rest with our God. I ached just knowing the pain and suffering she was going through and how much more there would be as she lived with that horrible cancer monster! Thank you so much for the continued updates to all that loved her. She will definitely be missed by all that knew her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of heart aches all around today. My friend--I will miss our nights to watch tv together (not easy since I live in Florida) but we did. I will miss coming home to see you and having some of your great ice tea. Sitting in "my" chair with Tig jumping on both of us. Going to the back 9 for dinner. Making our 'wally world" trip so i can stock up on Tenn t's... There's lots more. But I'll stop for now.

    God's speed my friend and PEACE

    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking for some poetry from my bookshelf to share on Aunt Julie's blog tonight, when I stumbled upon a book I forgot I had. It's called "The GRITS (Girls Raised In The South) Guide to Life." I opened it to find a note from Aunt Julie, addressed "to my sweetest girl."

    I'm laughing and crying at the same time b/c this is the perfect Aunt Julie book, and it has the perfect Aunt Julie poem:

    The Southern Girl
    by Samuel Alfred Beadle

    The fairest thing on land or sea
    Is the Southern girl, to me.
    You should see her when the stars
    Come studding all the sky;
    And feel her beaming eye
    On you when the moon in full --
    Fairest of all that's fair is she,
    The Southern girl, to me.

    Thank you for being the epitomy of a Southern belle, Aunt Julie. I miss you. I love you. And please keep talking to my mom, Lois, in whatever way you can b/c she still needs you a whole bunch!

    Love you,
    Janet Mitchell Spiegel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only was she a great woman but a great friend. She took care of me like a mother when in school and she could always light up a room. A person that can and will never be replaced in my and im sure in many others. She is now in a better place now but she will never be forgotten. I will always love and never forget you Jewels. One day we will meet again and im looking forward to it now. I'll see you soon

    ReplyDelete