Friday, June 5, 2009

Please read previous blog before reading this

Shortly after entering the blog last night, we received a call that Julia's breathing was much worse and the cancer has spread throughout her abdomen. I called Jan and we went back to the hospital. When we arrived the nurses were actually glad we were there and there was no problem with being allowed to see her. She had a panic attack on Wednesday and she told us she had another one but it was 10x worse and she has so much fluid in her abdomen that when she starts having breathing problems it just gets unbearable. The nurse also informed us that she has severe sepsis in the blood. Jan and I had a very sweet visit with Julia. Jan prayed with her, we discussed things the she wanted done upon her passing and were able to tell her we loved her and that when she and God were ready for her it was ok because she would be in a better place with her mother and we would be ok and we would join her there one day. It was very difficult but I am so glad we had the time to share. We asked her if she wanted her pastor to come and she said she would but in the morning (of course Jan had him on standby). Linda, Mike and Judy arrived so we went back to a room so they could have time with her. Julia totally understands what is happpening to her and she and the dr decided it was best not to use life saving efforts such as ventilator etc. After awhile Jan and I went back in to see her again to say goodnight and Jan told her she wanted to read her a bedtime story and she read Psalms 23 and again we were able to tell her we loved her so very much and of course she confirmed the same. I hate to think of losing my very dear friend but I am at peace with all. We don't know how long she has but I can't imagine it being very long. I will update you as soon as I can. I am going back to the hospital this morning to help Linda with some business matters...I know everyone knew I couldn't stay away. Again, thanks so much for your continued love and prayers.

2 comments:

  1. My last blog.
    Julia, my dear friend, our friendship has meant so much to me. The secrets,the laughter,the tears and the memories that you and I share are so precious. GOD truly blessed me when we started our life adventures together as children many years ago.I have said my good-byes, I have held your hand , I have looked into your eyes, I have wiped your brow, and I know you will soon be with GOD and that you are at peace with this. Our journey together in this life is almost over, but rest assured we will meet again. I love you and I will miss you, but I too am at peace with you going on. Good-bye my dear friend.I love you. Mamaw Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet Jesus, wrap your arms around our friend and take her unto your arms. She suffers no more.

    ReplyDelete