Thursday, April 23, 2009

2nd Day at CTCA


Julie has had a long day today and is very tired. She had numerous test from 9:00 to 2:30 today. She is finally getting some relief from the pain and is trying to catch up on lost sleep. I've left her in the room to relax. We will be seeing the nutrionist, mind and body specialist, and naturopath tomorrow and then meeting with her doctors to discuss treatment options tomorrow at 4:30 ET. Please keep her in your prayers and ask that she will have the strength to make wise decisions.

5 comments:

  1. I'm really glad you are getting some relief from the pain. Thank God for those Chicago people.They must really know their stuff.I'm so glad you found them. God has led you to them and now it is time for you to show that cancer who is boss!!! I can't say I know how you feel dear friend, but I do know you have to give this your best shot!!! Please give this cancer hell....fight for yourself,and fight for the folks who love you. We are waging this battle with you, but you are the leader.I have no intentions of resting one minute until we have you home and well. Please consider all options carefully and then begin to wage your war! My thoughts and prayers are with you. Now...call me when you feel like it. I have some stories to tell you. Peggy...Do you want me to send you some fried chicken and biscuits? I love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy, thank you for taking the time to be with my Aunt Julie. I'm glad someone she's really close to could be there with her. You both are in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julia! I think you need to have some laughs, so I'm sending you a joke every day I am able to. Some are good and some are just plain silly, but anything to help happy thoughts. Have a good restful day! Mari

    Recently, the Psychic Hotline and Psychic Friends Network have launched hotlines for frogs. Here is the story of one frog and his discussing with his psychic.

    A frog telephones the Psychic Hotline and is told, "You are going to meet a beautiful young girl who will want to know everything about you."

    The frog says, "This is great! Will I meet her at a party, or what?"

    "No," says the psychic. "Next semester in her biology class."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you girls have to go all the way to Chicago to get Jan to get you fried chicken and biscuits?
    Glad to hear the you are getting rest. I'm sure that your body needs lots of rest while you fight this ugly beast. Ya know, if you can work with kid you can butt heads with this too.
    You are in my prayers and all my prayer partners.
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peggy, thanks for keeping us informed as Julia goes on this venture of the unknown. I know that the tests and doctor visits can be trying for friends and family. Enjoy your time together.
    I was talking about you girls last night! A man from Knoxville has just been diag. and is on his was to the Center week after next.
    I'll be thinking about ya'll this weekend.
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete