Monday, April 27, 2009

A Little Bump in the Road

Julia's procedure was unsuccessful this morning. The bile duct is blocked so bad that the Dr could not get a fine wire in it let alone a stent. He said he could not remember when this has happened...that 99% were sucessful. So the alternative is to put a tube in her side to drain the bile and then once it opens up some they will go back in and put in the stent. Her tumor has grown and is pushing on her back causing severe pain, hopefully we will talk with the radiologist about that after tomorrow's procedure. She really feels bad but stated she was so glad she was here rather than at home so that it could be dealt with ASAP. She is still in good spirits, she is a fighter but the pain is wearing on her nerves. I would have updated the blog earlier but the computer hogs were here, I think I have some kind of signal that lets everyone know I am going to the computer. Julia's procedure is at 10:00 tomorrow..I'll update ASAP.

5 comments:

  1. Julia- Knew that you were special to us... but in the upper 1% of the group! Sorry to hear about your set-back:( But we know that is just a hurdle to face and jump over.
    Just wanted to let you know that I'm with you in spirit and prayers.
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is your joke for the day Julia!
    "For a couple years I 've been blaming it on lack of sleep and too much pressure from my job, but now I found out the real reason: I'm tired because I'm overworked. The population of this country is 237 million. 104 million are retired. That leaves 133 million to do the work. There are 85 million in school, which leaves 48 million to do the work. Of this there are 29 million employed by the federal government, leaving 19 million to do the work. 2.8 million are in the Armed Forces, which leaves 16.2 million to do the work. Take from the total the 14,800,000 people who work for State and City Governments and that leaves 1.4 million to do the work. At any given time there are 188,000 people in hospitals, leaving 1,212,000 to do the work. Now, there are 1,211,998 people in prisons. That leaves just two people to do the work. You and me. And you're sitting at your computer reading jokes."
    Still thinking about you.
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK...So we hit a few bumps.Some bumps are to be expected.We don't like 'em, but we deal with 'em. Kinda like your drive-way,Julia.I can hit every single bump in your drive. You in turn can miss them all. You get a smooth ride most of the time but every now and then you get jostled around. Keep up your spirits and be glad I'm not driving!!! Love you both.Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I am glad to see I am not the only one that gets classified in the 1% of medical procedures and problems. ha ha Sure hope the procedure goes better tomorrow. Just know you have alot of friends that are saying prayers for you and thinking about you everyday. Take care. Jerry said hello, Julio.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go figure, you got to the beach before I did. Ha! Enjoy it --you'll be back in the hills before you know it. Hang in there sweetie, these bumps will be over soon. For now, from Tampa (Jeff and I) and Boston (Janet and Brad) you're on our minds everyday. Hope to see ya soon.
    Love ya Lois

    ReplyDelete