We were picked up by a white stretch limo at the airport last night which was great because airplane seats can become quite uncomfortable. Another pancreatic cancer patient was also picked up at the same time and he shared his story with us. He had been to three major hospitals in the New York/New Jersey area before coming here. His story is very long and complicated but he said the atmosphere, respect and treatment options offered here surpassed any previous experiences he had. He should be on a commercial because he certainly would do a good sales job. It's 11:00 and so far we agree with his evaluation. Julia is currently doing lab work and an EKG. We have already met with one oncologist who has ordered a complete CAT scan, they are prescribing a stronger pain medication today (she did not sleep at all last night) and have scheduled her for pain management in the morning. She will be meeting with a nutrionist and naturopath to get her body ready for chemo if that is the option she chooses. She will be reviewed by another oncologist and if both oncologist agree, treatment options will be presented to her on Friday. We will keep you updated when possible.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A WHITE STRETCH LIMO? Are you sure you ladies are arriving at a Cancer Treatment Center or the Playboy mansion in Hollywood???!!
ReplyDeleteHee Hee, just a little funny! You deserve to be picked up in a white limo. It sounds already like they will treat you very well there. So glad you found that place.
Jules,
ReplyDeleteTreating you like the princess you are and deserve !! Just remember we are all here to support whatever you decide to do.
If you need anything you know where I am !
Lois
I'm going to call and blog, so get use to it. Glad your flight went well. I only squalled till I got to Calhouns and then I straightened up after a Bloody Mary.( LeRoy has your shot of Tequila waiting.)I already miss you, but I know you are at the best place possible. Give each other a hug, and then tell each other it is from me.You are in our hearts and in our prayers. Love you both, Jan
ReplyDeleteSounds like those folks aren't wasting any time. I hope you have a restful nights sleep and they can find a course of action for you to take. The limo and the pain meds for your back sound like a good place to start
ReplyDeleteJulia! It sounds like it is already a great place to get well at. A limo?? Wow! That's the way to be treated! I'll keep reading your daily updates so keep us informed. I'm still doing "heavy praying" for you. Get well so we can see you back soon...unless you find you a hunk doctor to date...I can then wait a little longer to see you back. :) :) :) !!!
ReplyDeleteYou have no idea who sent you the last post, do you? mapewi??? It's me, Mari! Yeap! I'm still scattered brain, ;)
ReplyDeleteMari
Hellllp!!!!!! Bring the limo back and
ReplyDeletepick us up.
D&D
A WHITE LIMO!!! Rockwood will love this story!
ReplyDeleteDid you and Peggy hang your body out the sun roof and you road done the interstate? Glad to hear that you ran into somebody that "has been there". It does make a difference when you can learn from another persons' experiences. A white limo AND pain meds. We love meds...when we need them!
Know that you are in my prayers but that doesn't mean that I'll bail you and Peggy out of jail if the limo goes missing.
Suzie Q