Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Free at Last


Julia was released from the hospital today with her new accessory (bile duct bag). Thankfully she will not have to keep it for long. Once they get her bilirubin down they are hoping they can insert the stent so that she will not have to mess with that very long. She talked with the radiology oncologist this morning and was supposed to have her radiation simulation tomorrow but it has been changed to Monday. After the simulation, it will take 3 - 5 days for them to put a plan together. All of the markers have to be just right so that the radiation will hit the intended target. We are going to be at the Il Beach Resort til Friday for sure and then we will either move or stay there. Hopefully, whatever happens it will be the last move til around 5/13 or 5/14 when she will move to the Guest Quarters which is similar to a Ronald McDonald House or like the Hospitality House at Ft Sanders. It is designed to accomodate long term outpatients. Julie will be here for 5 - 6 weeks. Linda, Julia's sister will be coming up Saturday to stay a couple of weeks and I will be going home Sunday. I know everyone is wanting to send cards etc. but it would be better to wait until she is settled at the Guest Quarters. I'm making copies of the comments on the blog and taking to her. Jules just doesn't feel good enough to even sit a computer for a few mins.

7 comments:

  1. Loved talking with both of you tonight. I was "hurtin' in my heart" to hear Julia's voice. I'm so proud she was free from pain for at least a little while. The weather has been really nice for the last few days.I've wished for you both to be "sittin' on the porch just a swingin" with me. I miss you bunches.Take care. Please try to rest when you can. (Julia, you better be thinking of a good excuse for not fixing those baked beans!!!) Love you lots. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for all the updates! It means so much to know how everything is going. Yes, I will pass the word to wait on sending any cards. Julie, I know this is an extremely rough journey for you, but you have the strength and determination to make it through. I did call Babbs yesterday to give her all the updates and the website address. She is going to see if Tyler can help her get on it. ha Can you visualize that scene? ha ha I cannot imagine her surfing the web, God Bless her heart. If she cannot get on, she is supposed to call me back. Ok, just want you to know I am checking regularly and you are constantly on my mind. Love ya! Jan Wilson (Buffy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Jules, I see where this is going. A good fashionista knows that when you get a new "bile duct bag" you have to go out and get a new pair of matching shoes. We both know, it's all about the shoes! I hope you are having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like everything is going well. You're still in our prayers and I hope you start feeling better soon. We love you guys ~
    Beth

    In the meantime, I have a 4 year old boy for sale if anyone is interested!! He's driving us nuts!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you are keeping us updated. Thank you for taking the time to write and let us know what's going on.
    Here is Julia's joke for the day.
    It was the final exam for an English course at a university. Like
    most freshman courses, it was designed to weed out new students,
    having over 700 students in the class.

    The professor was very strict and told the class that any exam that
    was not on his desk in exactly two hours would not be accepted and
    the student wouldfail. Thirty minutes into the exam, a student
    came rushing in and asked for an exam booklet.

    "You're not going to have time to finish this," the professor
    stated as he handed the student a booklet.

    "Yes, I will," replied the student. He then took a seat and began
    writing. After two hours, the students filed up and handed their
    exams in. All except the late student, who continued writing.
    Half an hour later, he finally came up to the professor's desk
    and attempted to put his exam on the stack of exam booklets.

    "No you don't, I am not going to accept that, It's late!" The
    student looked incredulous and angry.

    "Do you know who I am?"

    "No, as a matter of fact, I don't," replied the professor
    sarcastically.

    "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" the student asked again.

    "No, and I don't care," replied the professor with an air of
    superiority.

    "Good!" replied the student, who quickly lifted the stack of
    completed exams, stuffed his in the middle, and walked out of the
    room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peggy, thank you so very much for the postings daily. Please explain to Linda, she has to post updates on the blog for all of the friends and family so we can continue to keep up with Julie. I truly look forward to checking daily to see what is new and how everything is going. Hope you girls have a good Friday.
    Love,
    Jan (Buffy)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jules! I always had an idea that we were sisters, but the "bile duct" issues prove it! Do you like the "sun kissed, golden yellow" skin!!The only thing good about yellow skin is that when you don't feel like it, the yellow skin leaves you "make-up optional." It's good for those days when "couldn't-care-less" doesn't begin to describe how you feel. Now enough of that bonding stuff.
    I'm glad that you are getting to the simulation day. I guess that it is somewhat like "a run through" on a game day. I always feel that not knowing is harder than knowing what is going to happen. At least you can get your head "ready" if you have an idea what is going to happen. Just give the radiologist a message for all of us that love you in Tennessee: Kill the damn thing and kill it ASAP!
    I have already started my prayer about Monday. Your are the "front line" of our "team". We love and miss you.
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete