
Yesterday was a really long and trying day. We were so tired the blog wasn't touched...sorry! We are currently at Julie's nephew Rich's house in Wisconsin. It's nice getting out of the hotel room and being around family. Rich has two dogs and we (especially me) are really enjoying them...I miss my Chloe. Yesterday the drs told us that the tumor had grown and is blocking the bile duct so Julie will be having a stint put in Monday morning to open it up and hopefully get her bilirubin down so that she can start chemo. The proposed treatment which Julie has agreed to is simultaneous chemo and radiation for 5-6 weeks. We will know more on Monday about when the radiation will start since it can be administered before the bilirubin is lowered and then they can start the chemo along with it once it goes down.
We met with the nutrionist, naturopathy dr, and mind and body person yesterday. They have already started Julie on a drug that will help with her digestion. There are so many options here. They have a chiropracter, which I'm sure she will see soon since her back is still giving her fits, accupuncture expert, massage therapist, cosmotologist, nail technicians, and just about anything else you can imagine. They stress treating the whole person and not letting the disease define who you are. Julie really feels comfortable here and seems to be excited about taking advantage of all of these resources.
We are not sure if we will be back on Wednesday or the weekend. The oncologist said she might need a few days to get clothes together etc. but I don't think she wants to waste too much time so depending on what the drs recommend she may take some treatment next week before we come home. She is in good spirit and I think this little weekend vacation will help her a lot.
We met with the nutrionist, naturopathy dr, and mind and body person yesterday. They have already started Julie on a drug that will help with her digestion. There are so many options here. They have a chiropracter, which I'm sure she will see soon since her back is still giving her fits, accupuncture expert, massage therapist, cosmotologist, nail technicians, and just about anything else you can imagine. They stress treating the whole person and not letting the disease define who you are. Julie really feels comfortable here and seems to be excited about taking advantage of all of these resources.
We are not sure if we will be back on Wednesday or the weekend. The oncologist said she might need a few days to get clothes together etc. but I don't think she wants to waste too much time so depending on what the drs recommend she may take some treatment next week before we come home. She is in good spirit and I think this little weekend vacation will help her a lot.
So glad to hear you are pleased with the clinic. It really sounds like it has everything you will need! I know what determination you have when you want to do something, remember I worked with you for several years at MaBell and when we were catering a little. Just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. May God be with you during this journey.
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Jan Wilson
(the other Jan Wilson) ha
Your joke for today Julia:
ReplyDelete"A plane was taking off from Kennedy Airport. After it reached
a comfortable cruising altitude, the captain made an announcement
over the intercom, "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain
speaking. Welcome to Flight Number 293, non-stop from New York to Los
Angeles. The weather ahead is good and, therefore, we should have a smooth and
uneventful flight. Now sit back and relax - OH, MY G-D!" Silence followed, and after a few minutes the captain came back on the intercom and said, "Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am so sorry if I scared you earlier; but, while I was talking, the flight attendant brought
me a cup of coffee and spilled the hot coffee in my lap. You should see the front of my pants!"
A passenger in Coach said, "That's nothing. He should see the back of mine!"
Sweetie. Love it when a plan comes together. Tig says he'd like you to come home for one day, at least. He'll help you pack ! ha!
ReplyDeleteHave a good weekend.
Love ya Lois
Julie,
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear things are coming together! Just wanted you to know that I am following your journey & that you are always in my thoughts & prayers!
Love,
Cynthia
Take it easy, girl. Your body has a lot of work to do getting well. Remember...One day at a time. I miss you, but I'm willing to settle for phone calls and blogging if that will get you fit as a fiddle!!! Take care.We love you. Jan
ReplyDelete