Saturday, May 16, 2009
Again...no radiation
I couldn't bring myself to post on the blog last night...I'm really trying to be upbeat and positive. Julie did not have radiation again. The doctors need the input of the intervention radiologist who did her bag and he was in surgery all day yesterday. After reading up on the Internet (my son the MD keeps reminding me that I am not a doctor and not even close to it so I need to be careful with my interpretations) I think I understand the different possibilities. I am sending Julie some info with Sandra so that she will understand more and can ask questions. Of course, I think she is in so much pain that all she wants is relief. I'll post more as I know more. Hopefully, Sandra will be off to Chicago at 3:30 today and I'm planning to meet her at the airport so that she can take some things to Jules.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can see I'm not the only one frustrated and without a lot of patience. This is my field, but it can seem so slow at times, it's not even funny. We want our friend, back home, well and without pain. We get that. I know it seems the doctors may not be as proactive as we would like, but I feel sure they have Julies best interest in mind as we do.
ReplyDeleteJulie has loved Linda being with her, but I"m sure looking forward to Sandra's visit.
As Farrah said, "Cancer makes it's own rules, we have no choice but to play by them." I've been mad all week this hasn't happened, but I'm not a doctor either (son is right) and we must trust them. I keep telling myself that. It's not working but I keep trying to tell myself that.
Anyway, enough venting. God's spead to Linda and Sandra........
Lois PEACE
Sat. Evening
ReplyDeleteI could not bring myself to blog last night.I was as low as a snake's belly.I was afraid you would read between the lines,Jules,and see that I was out of sorts.I had to be mad at something, so I chose to be an idiot and be mad at the doctors.I know they are taking good care of you and I know they know what is best for you. I had a tiny little collapse but I'm fired up now.Being upbeat is a big part of this battle.I've gotten myself together now, so get ready for the evil Rambo Mamaw to return!!!
I was swinging from the roof-tops tonight when Sandra called. I'm so glad you two "old broads" are together this week. Jules, you sounded good to me. I was so happy to talk to you that I went to SONIC!!!
I've decided I have to keep a diary of everything that is going on so you won't miss anything.My mind goes blank quite often and I'm afraid I'll forget to tell you something important.
I'm washing my fatigues, cleaning my machine gun, sharpening my machete, and readying myself for battle. Come Monday every ounce of
MEAN will be ready to attack that cancer. I have new combat boots with steel toes, cause RAMBO MAMAW is gonna kick that cancer's butt.
My bandana has a hidden attack plan that only
WE can "desipher". It's Faith. Faith that you will win this war and come home to your buddies!!!
Sandra, take care of our buddy. Have a great week but do try to stay out of trouble!!!
Julia...Pain free days and nights. Love you ol' girl. Jan
It is now 12:02 AM. It seems that I am always reading and catching up during the late hours. This is when I can peacefully do so!
ReplyDeleteJulia ~ my heart goes out to you sister. As you can see you have many behind you, especailly the wild RAMBO MAMAW!! You go Jan!! What is so bad is actually getting the visual on the combat gear that she describes...get ready Julia the warrior is on her way!! I will be the one flying the plane that she jumps out of!! Ha! Ha! Ha!
I can tell that Chicago is going to be in big trouble with you and Sandra together.
I wish that there was something I could do to take away your pain and disappointment. We will all just keep the faith and you will return home healthy and pain free.
I hope to talk to you soon and especailly see you. I love you and miss you very much!
Keep the faith~Tammy
Hey there Jules,
ReplyDeleteMy heart is walking with you!
I have included some questions and answers my sister found when she was cruising the internet looking for diet tips. I like the way this doctor thinks.
Q: Doctor,will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
A: Definitely not! When you exercise a muscle, it gets bigger. You should only be doing sit-ups if you want a bigger stomach.
Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: Are you crazy? HELLO Cocoa beans! Another vegetable!!! It's the best feel-good food around!
Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me.
Q: Is getting in-shape important for my lifestyle?
A: Hey! 'Round' is a shape!
Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: No, not at all. Wine is made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that means they take the water out of the fruity bit so you get even more of the goodness that way. Beer is also made out of grain. Bottoms up!
Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
A: Well, if you have a body and you have fat, your ratio is one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio is two to one, etc.
Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of a single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No Pain...Good!
Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?
A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So a steak is nothing more than an efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily allowance of vegetable products.
Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU'RE NOT LISTENING!!! .... Foods are fried these days in vegetable oil. In fact, they're permeated in it. How could getting more vegetables be bad for you?
Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.
Sweet dreams Jules...Anita
Hi Julio,
ReplyDeleteSorry I have been off the internet and definitely going through withdrawals for over a week now!! I just got back from Alaska and was sorry to hear you are having such a terrible time with pain! I am with you right now, my back and hip are killing me! Of course mine is from dragging 2 50lb. suitcases and of course my 2 hugh carry on bags all over Seattle. Sorry, it is 2 different pains, I know. I will tell you I gained 10 lbs on the cruise. Remember, how we ate when we went with Cynthis?? I just missed the buckets on the deck. Just know I was thinking about you, when I dressed looking for accessories. You are the one that is good for that. Oh, Kris from Nashville called me while I was gone about you, so I will have to give here a call back today. I am going to sign off for now, I have to delete 800 emails on my account. But, I promise I will be back soon. Take care !
Love ya!
The other friend, Jan