Monday, May 4, 2009
Getting Started
At least it's a start. Julie got marked today for radiation. It takes 5 days until they start the treatments s0 it will be next Tues. before she gets started. The treatments last from5-6 weeks. We will be moving to the Guest House the 13th. It is only about 4-5 blocks from the hospital. Julie was given new pain medication so maybe she will be able to rest better now. It has been a long day and she is taking a nap. I am taking this time to put this on the blog. I am not as good at this as Peggy was. Rich is coming down Fri. to get us and take us up for Mother's Day weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad to hear all is going okay. I think of you often. I pray your pain has eased off. Dear friend, I would take some of the "hurt" for myself if I could. Please try to rest, relax and enjoy your trip to Rich's house. I miss you something terrible! LeRoy sends his best and a shot of tequila. David and Karen asked about you often. I took them strawberries this afternoon. LeRoy got me 3 flats today.I thought of you as I ate the first "whole cup" by myself!!! Keep up the fight buddy, and "hold it in the road." Love you lots. Jan
ReplyDeleteAs Jules told me a few weeks ago, she doesn't like my choice of careers. When you want things done now it takes a week or more. That's why they call it "practicing medicine" Hang in there you two. This will be over before you know it. As Jan said not an hour goes by you don't pop in my mind. My friends at work ask how you're doing every day.
ReplyDeleteLinda, you're doing a great job here. We all appreciate it. Of course Jan and I will call when we want---we are like that, count on it.
Lois
Linda, you are doing a great job. You've got to remember I had some experience relaying information when Chadley was in the hospital. Back in those days there were no blogspots but there was email. I miss Julia so bad. Now she has to put up with me calling a couple of times a day as well. It will take me a while to be weened. I'm finally adding some photos and may update the blog a little with matching remarks. Both of you take good care of yourselves.
ReplyDeletePeggy
Thank you also for keeping us updated. Here is the joke for today:
ReplyDeleteThese are jokes about men: comebacks for pick up lines.
"Man: Haven't I seen you someplace before?
Woman: Yes, that's why I don't go there anymore."
"Man: I would go to the end of the world for you.
Woman: But would you stay there?"
"Man: Your body is like a temple.
Woman: Sorry, there are no services today."
"Man: Is this seat empty?
Woman: Yes, and this one will be if you sit down."
"Man: So, what do you do for a living?
Woman: I'm a female impersonator."
Keep up the good work Jules!
Jules,
ReplyDeleteIt is like a Rain Forest in the hot town of Rock-e-wood! It is so wet that the rain drops can't find a place to land. Of course the "natives" have been restless and every girl has been in at least one "girl-fight" a day!
Glad to hear the you will be in a more home -like setting on the 13th. Believe it or not, it will begin to feel like home... or a little more like home...when you get the place dirty and the dishes are in the sink.
So glad that they are working on managing your pain. Don't you think that if those people can manage a hospital, they could get you out of pain!?!
I know that both of you will enjoy your trip to Rich's for the weekend. Just the change of scenery will be nice I'm sure.
We are all thinking about you. "My boys" have been asking about you...doesn't that make you feel special!
Just want to let you know that I was thinking about ya'll. Linda, thanks for keeping us up-to-date on everything.