Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Still no treatment

Julia canceled her therapy this morning. She said she had a rough night and her back was hurting when she got up. She made an appt with the radiologist for tomorrow @ 10:30 to discuss what options she has. At one point it was mentioned that they could put her to sleep but that has not been mentioned since her block was done. She has a list of questions for Dr Patel including why can't she go on and start chemo etc. Beth left this morning and Linda arrived this afternoon. Please pray for Julia's strength to do this. She assures me she wants the treatment and I'm just optimistic enough that I have to believe her. I love her very much and I pray that whatever she decides to do she will be committed to.

4 comments:

  1. I am forced to tell a story i have never shared, but hopefully it may help,yet again it may be as different as apples and oranges.
    After being diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma,surgury to remove some lymphnodes and pathology to define the cancer,I asked my Oncologist what my chances were.He stated at the time the chances were less than 50%.I figured. what the hell, driving a car or crossing the street are about the same.I started Chemo soon after with a combination of powerful drugs that made me weak and sick and my hair fell out ,i was pale and lost weight(of which i could loose plenty with no problem)They repeated the chemo ,intraveniously thru a ported implant,every 3 weeke.Each time I began to feel better it was time to take another.I took 6 rounds of this and was very apprehensive when told at the end that I had to have 26 treatments of radiation. The radiation was 5 days a week,they marked me up with an idea to get their aim better i guess.People would stop me in line and say,"You've got something on your neck there" and would be very embaressed when I told them it was the markings.Anyway, the radiation was a breeze compared to the chemo for me personally. I drove myself to Knoxville everyday for the radiation.It never did hurt or burn except maybe the last three treatments of which it was no worse than a bad sunburn.I did meet lots of interesting people , people that were in my own situation , people who were meek,some mad, some giving up, some even mad at God.
    Me, I got better, I often wonder why, when some did't. Sure I have never been the same I dont think but age does the same thing to us.There must be purpose in life and a purpose for us all, i just dont know.
    I guess the reason I am telling all this is to let everyone know,especially Julia,that if its the apprehention or the fear that makes one shy away from the treatments, please consider the alternatives,and know that for me the radiation did not hurt ,just inconvenient at times. Please Julia, know that we will all be with you,with words of encouragemet,words of love and caring,but most of all understanding.
    Love Ya! Freddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you, Freddy.(I love you, buddy.)
    Julia,we all love you. If your decision is to stay, or if it is to come home,we are here for you. God is in charge so what-ever you and HE decide I will accept. Pain free days and nights,my friend. Mamaw Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe these "magnificent" jokes give you the laugh you need for today!
    Joke #1 (from jokesgallery.com)
    Kids Operation
    Two little kids are in a hospital, lying on stretchers next to each other, outside the operating room.

    The first kid leans over and asks, "What are you in here for?"

    The second kid says, "I'm in here to get my tonsils out and I'm a little nervous."

    The first kid says, "You've got nothing to worry about. I had that done when I was four. They put you to sleep, and when you wake up they give you lots of Jell-O and ice cream. It's a breeze!"

    The second kid then asks, "What are you here for?"

    The first kid says, "A circumcision."

    And the second kid says, "Whoa! I had that done when I was born. I couldn't walk for a year!"

    Joke #2 (from jokesgallery.com)
    Bad News
    Deep within a forest, a little turtle began to climb a tree. After hours of effort, he reached the top, jumped into the air waving his front legs and crashed to the ground. After recovering, he slowly climbed the tree again, jumped, and fell to the ground. The turtle tried again and again, while a couple of birds sitting on a branch watched his sad efforts. Finally, the female bird turned to her mate. "Dear," she chirped, "I think it's time to tell him he's adopted."


    Joke #3 (also from jokesgallery.com)
    Jimmy's Not Stupid

    Mrs. White asked her 4th grade class if they thought they were stupid and, if so, to please stand.

    Little Jimmy stood up, alone.

    Mrs. White said, "Jimmy, do you really think you're stupid?"

    "No," Jimmy said. "But I didn't want you standing up there alone."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, anybody there?? I haven't seen any updates since Wednesday, is everyone ok? Just getting concerned not hearing anything. I hope it is just not having time to blog. Julie, I hope you are continuing to have less pain and hopefully eating & drinking more.
    Love ya,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete