Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Mon.,May 11
Another week started after a quiet,relaxing weekend. It only rained a little Sat. night. The rest of the time was very nice. The flowers and trees are all in bloom. It's very pretty up here this time of year. We've had a full day today. Julie had an appointment at 9:30 to get her dressing changed. Next she had to get her blood drawn. We had a little lunch while waiting for her next appointment. At 12:30 she had to go for an exam and at 1:20 she was supposed to get her first radiation treatment but she forgot to bring her pain medicine with her and by that time she was hurting and couldn't lay down on the table so they rescheduled her for tomorrow at 2:50. We check out of here at 12:00 Wed. and move to the Guest House were Julie will stay the rest of the time she is here. It is only about 5 blocks from the hospital. Julie is taking a nap so I decided this would be a good time to write on the blog. Once she starts the radiation she will get it everyday from Mon.-Fri. She really enjoys reading your email on her blog so keep it up. I'll let everyone know how it goes tomorrow. The radiation treatment only lasts about 10 min.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Linda, you're supposed to be looking after Julie and reminding her of her medication. Don't be falling asleep over there!!!
ReplyDeleteYour darling daugher!! Happy Mother's Day.
Gotta love daughters, sounds like something mine would say..... LOL..... You're doing fine Linda. Now Jules, get with the program. You don't have to try to be that strong..... We already know how strong you are.
ReplyDeleteGood luck tomorrow.
Love ya Lois PEACE
I'm telling you Julia, keep it up and beat it up! Go on with the good work you are doing and thank God for the friends that help you. Then thank God for the place you are in...it sounds like a great place and now you are moving to an even better place: that's wonderful! I'm still praying and thinking about you here. I hope you find comfort with the wonderful jokes I send you....(I can see you from here saying, "yeah right".) I'm still sending the jokes even if they are not great...you might find them funny. These are from Jeff Foxworthy: the famous redneck jokes.
ReplyDelete"You might be a redneck if...
The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
Your family tree does not fork.
Your kids attend your high school graduation.
More than two of your children have been banned fro life from a day-care center.
You start a fight in a bar and your wife finishes it.
Most of your in-laws are outlaws.
Everyone in your family is an Elvis impersonator.
Your baby's first words were "Rack 'em!"
You think the theory of relativity has something to do with inbreeding.
Well, I'll let you long for more jokes until the next one. I know you can't wait...:)
Take care and I hope the move goes well.
OK...So you are a day late. Big deal. That just means you got to rest one more night...got a tad stonger...a whole lot madder and a heck of a lot meaner!!!
ReplyDeleteLinda, you keep the folks up there on the ball.I have lots of confidence in you.I appoint you the drill sergeant until Sandra arrives.She will keep the whole team working together. Then Lois will take over the job and things will be in good shape. She knows all about this medical stuff. By the time I can get there all I will have to do is spoil Jules real good!!!
Now...my orders. Julia, you take the meds, get the radiation,and give 'em hell. I really don't think you've introduced them to your Tennessee Big Orange spirit. Tomorrow I expect to hear all has gone well with the treatment and you have moved into your new place.
I love you dear friend. So does your family. So do Lois,Sandra,Peggy,Shirlie,Jonathan,
Anita,LeRoy,David,Freddie,Norman,Donna,Mari,RHS, on and on and on.....Get the message! You owe us a healthy Julia! Pain free days and nights my friend. Love,Jan
Just wanted you to know you are in our thoughts and prayers. Keep up the fight.
ReplyDeleteNorman