Saturday, May 23, 2009

Another Weekend In Oconomowoc

First, thanks for the comments....it helps to write when you know that people are reading.

I'm thankful to say that I talked with Julia this morning and she said the pain is getting better each day. I talked to my son last night and I had not put it together but Chadley had a similar block when he had his accident. His was a different nerve and for a different reason but it took about a week for us to see results. Chadley was in a coma so he could not tell us anything be we could see results in his hand that had been drawn in a fist. It made me feel so good when she said the pain was easing up a little more each day. Maybe we will see some changes next week.
When I talked with Sandra yesterday she had been eating and drinking like she should. They have given her an appetite enhancer so hopefully that will making eating a little easier.

Her nephew came and picked her up today to go to Oconomowoc for the weekend. I think it always does her good to get away and have a different environment. Her niece, Beth is flying in to Wisconsin tomorrow and is staying til Wednesday when her sister, Linda will be back for a couple of weeks.

Please continue your prayers because I do think we are at least seeing some improvement in the pain. Hopefully, she will regain her strength and can make a commitment to whatever path she chooses to follow. I love Julia like the sister I never had and I truly appreciate every one's continued prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Julia - I can't begin to imagine how hard this is for you and I know it would be much easier to just "give in" and "give up", but please, please fight with everything you have in you girl! We have a lot of Friday night at the club house nights waiting for us! And a lot of secretary meetings to go to - ha ha
    Love from Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy ~ We really appreciate your many efforts to keep us informed of Julia's daily trials and tribulations. Thank you!!!

    Now Julia ~ thank goodness the pain is beginning to ease up on you! I do have to say DITTO to Gail's comments above...please fight and don't give in or give up! I know how hard headed and independent you are. All of us miss you so much and I am sure that you miss home as well. I cannot wait to get my Friday lunch buddy back home. The club house may fall down when we walk in!!

    Just to let you know about Awards Night and Graduation...Things went well both days. They didn't get to have it on the field because of the threat of rain...anyhow...you were truly missed and mentioned in Daniel Butler's speech by thanking you for everything that you have done for the members of the class through the years and that they missed you and will continue to think of you through your journey. They didn't have you to boss them around because of the way they were dressed and to tell them that their hats were not placed on their head correctly!!! Ha! Ha!

    I miss you girl! Stay strong and keep up the fight. Much love and many hugs to you!

    Keep the faith ~ Tammy

    ReplyDelete