Sunday, May 17, 2009

Changing of the Guard


Linda went home yesterday and Sandra took over. Chadley and I went to the airport to see Sandra off and take some things up for Julie. I wanted to get Sandra's picture and she insisted on having it made with Chadley. She can't get over what a big teddy bear he is. For those of you who don't know, Chadley is my 28 yr old son who had a serious car accident in 2002 and has a traumatic brain injury. Mamaw Jan & Shirley sent Julie a couple of gifts and Jan also sent Sandra a gift. You know Mamaw has to be sure and take care of everyone. She paid for mine & Julia's luggage when we flew up and sent Sandra $'s to do the same for her. Sandra insisted on taking the money and getting Julie a couple of Tennessee Tshirts. She wanted to make sure Julia would let everyone know where home is. She said Julia loved them. We'll have to get photos of Julie modeling her latest wardrobe addition.

I called Julia a few minutes ago and she said she was in terrible pain. I talked to Sandra and we finally convinced her to let Sandra call Pain Mgmt. One of the benefits of being there is you have 24/7 on pain assistance. Julie has never taken advantage of it because she always felt she could bear it til the next day but we thought it was time to do something now. She should not have to suffer this way and I hate to have her drugged but I firmly believe that when someone is hurting this bad additional meds are a necessity. Sandra said she is not eating again which is what happens when she is in severe pain. I'm so glad someone is with her. Julie is a tuff cookie and doesn't always take the initiative to help herself. Keep up the prayers for pain relief...I know you will.

6 comments:

  1. First and foremost, not that we have to but thanks to Linda for staying with our friend. She loved having you there.

    Sandra, your turn !!! Let us know what happens tomorrow (Monday)

    Jules, sorry sweetie you've had a rough day. Hang in there, this too shall pass.....

    Love ya Lois PEACE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia,
    We miss you here at the school. Keep fighting and we'll keep you in our prayers.

    Coach K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julio,
    What are you doing wearing everyone out? Every time I turn around one has gone home and the next is there with you. ha ha Keep in mind, you have to eat enough to build a little strength up. Hopefully, the pain management will be able to reduce the pain, but it does not work unless you take it. So, don't suffer the pain, it will just make you sick, run your blood pressure up and of course prevent your treatment. I know how stubborn you can be, so be strong and show them what you can do, OK? I look forward to your next posting, I think about you every day.
    Love ya,
    The other Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia,
    You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julio,
    Just a quick note to say hello. Would you believe I talked to Kris Stiltner today??
    I told her you were in Illinois and the blog address, so maybe she will get on it soon. Tomorrow I am having my surgery, so I may miss a day or two, but I assure you I will be back to check on you. Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers. You behave now and I will chat with you later.
    Love ya,
    The other Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monday May 18
    Talked with Sandra and Julia. Sandra has got some folks on the ball today!!!Without going into details Julia's pain level has improved.Pain management has changed some things. She even got out for a few minutes this evening and went to a Hallmark store. She was very weak and had to go back to the center soon, but she made it.They will do an epidural tomorrow. Then the radiation will be next.It(epidural) is suppose to last 3 months. Sandra is my hero!!!! Peggy will probably blog all this info and more, but I'm so excitd about the little bit of improvement,and hearing Julia's voice,I just had to share it with all her buddies!!! Praise God and bless that Sandra!I told Julia I would charter a bus filled with all her buddies and we would head up there if we needed too. They undoubtedly don't know who she is!!!And they sure don't want me to come up there early. Especially with all you folks backing me up!!! Julia has her own private Army!
    Pain free days and nights my friend.Mamaw Jan

    ReplyDelete