Monday, May 18, 2009
CTCA definitely knows who Sandra Wright is!
The day started with the same old, same old. Linda called, Sandra and I talked and she got her ammunition together and went to the hospital to get some action. After going to Care Management (trying to go thru the proper channels) she went to administration and told them she was tired of seeing her friend in pain and was tired of waiting for a phone call to get the show on the road. By 2:00 Julia was scheduled for an epidural tomorrow at 3:00. The epidural is a catheter into the spinal area that will allow continous delivery of pain medication around the spinal nerves. This mode of pain med admin requires special physician and nursing expertise and needs careful monitoring but hopefully will work. Once the pain is under control the radiation and chemo should start. Julia actually has the chemo pills but she not supposed to start taking them until her radiation is started. Prayer is needed tomorrow for her strength, she has a busy day starting at 9:30 with different appointments until the surgery at 3:00. I can't help but get my hopes up that she will have control of the pain by tomorrow evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've blogged once today but I will again. Thank God for Sandra and her willingness to go straight to the top.Julia sounded weak but good tonight.
ReplyDeletePlease... let's start a prayer vigil.Every night at 9:00 p.m. everyone whisper a prayer for Julia. Light a candle and let it burn 10 minutes or longer. Please ask God to help her with the pain and with this battle. We all love her. Thanks, Jan
http://www.ohsu.edu/ohsuedu/healthcare/paincenter/resources/procedures/Epidural-Catheter-Placement.cfm
ReplyDeleteAn article about Edidural-Catheter-Placement
With ya Mama Jan. I already light my candle every night for her. Tomorrow will be the beginning we've all been waiting for, especially Julia.....
ReplyDeleteProud of you Sandra... Good luck tomorrow, my friend.
Love Lois
You can copy and paste the link above onto your address bar and that's Epidural not Edidural. I get in a hurry sometimes. : )
ReplyDeleteThis post was for Julia's friends who are curious about this procedure. I hope her procedure works like this one. It sounds like she might get some relief.
The Moore family sends a "Shout Out" to Jules and Sandra. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
ReplyDeleteBryan, Joe, Anita
Thank you to everyone who is there for Julie. I appreciate what you did Sandra! I will be flying in to stay with Julie during a 3 day lapse period before Lois gets there. Please let Julie know that I will be there on the 24th, flying in to Rich's place and he will bring me to where I need to go, and then leaving on the 27th, when Lois arrives. I know Julie will be busy all day today. Peggy, can I have an e-mail address so that I can stay in contact with you.
ReplyDeleteJulia's niece, Beth my e-mail is BroomRptg@ptmc.net
Jan...great idea! You can bet my candle will be lit and as always will be saying a prayer just making sure I do it at 9:00 with everyone else. Beth...I've sent you an email with info. Thanks everyone for reading the blog, I'm trying to be informative but I can't help injecting my personal feelings some time. Sandra, again thanks for being courageous and not letting anyone talk you out of what you knew was right.
ReplyDeleteJan, great idea on the prayer connection. I will have my candle lit and prayer going. Julio is a rich person to have so many friends and family that love her. Please, tell her my surgery is over and I am doing fine. God Bless you all.
ReplyDeleteLove,
The other Jan
I'm sorry I haven't posted this last few days. I have been soooooo busy. We put our house on the market and crossed our fingers for it to sell. We have lots of cleaning and stuff to do. Anyway, enough about me...
ReplyDeleteI will catch up with the jokes I owe you as soon as possible.
Before I go, I want to let you know that we also have you in our hearts and prayers. Hang in there and do whatever you have to so you can feel descent and get well.
Love,
Mari
Tues. Evening
ReplyDeleteJust talked with Sandra. Julia's pain is a lot better but she still won't eat.The protein shakes are suppose to be really good for her but she won't drink them either. She is very weak.
Julia ol' girl, the biggest part of your battle is yet to come. You have to be prepared physically as well as mentally.Your body needs all the strength it can muster up to help eradicate this evil cancer living inside you.You're a smart cookie and you know what you have to do to beat this.Please get your fight back and co-operate. I'm not even going to pretend I know what you are going through.It must be hell.I'm not preaching to you, but I'm scared! Scared you will be too weak and too tired to fight.Please,please for all of us that love you and want you to come home healthy (and for yourself) give this your best shot! We all know how very sick you are, but we can't help you if you don't try and help yourself. The biggest part of this battle may very well be your attitude and how hard you fight. I pray you rest well tonight,eat good tomorrow, get your strength back and give this cancer the darndest fight you ever put up !!! From all of your buddies...we love you.Jan