Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Good Night After All

Talked with Sandra a few minutes ago and Julia basically had a good night. At least Sandra was rewarded with getting to see the Julie we know and love for a while. She woke up a little after I talked with Sandra last night, was working puzzles, ate a little, and Sandra said she seemed to feel good enough to walk to the hospital which is about 5 blocks away (that is probably an exaggeration but still sounds good). The pain returned around 4:00 a.m. which is what they expected. From what Sandra is saying they wanted to do the epidural to determine if she could get relief from pain at the site they had determined for the block. Sandra says they are using the terminology of killing the nerve with the alcohol. That doesn't exactly go along with what the John Hopkins website said but they did also say that it should last 3 to 4 mos. So regardless of the technical terms sounds like they have a good plan and Sandra, Beth & Rich may get to see Julia pain free which would make everyone feel really good. I will blog again tonight after the block and we know more but since she seemed so much better later last night...I thought I should share the news.

3 comments:

  1. Great to hear that!!!! I'm so glad for you Julia!
    Here, laugh a little:
    Again from Jeff Foxworthy,
    You might be a redneck if...
    Anyone in your family has taken a UFO ride lately.
    Your brothers convinced you that you were an only child.
    You understood everything Jodie Foster said in the movie Nell.
    All your kids have the middle name Elvis.
    Your richest relaive buys a new house and you have to help take the wheels off.
    The emergency room nurse knows everyone in your family by name.

    More later gater!
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just spoke to Julie (Wed 9:15ish) She is WITHOUT PAIN....... YIPPPEEEE the block is working. A little muscle soreness, but that's to be expected.... Sandra will find out tomorrow when they will start the Radiation.

    So keep those candles burning folks, things might just be turning around......

    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia-
    Let me get this right...you are somewhere that picks you up in a white limo...you are in pain... can't eat much...when you are not in pain you want to walk...you have had an epidural...and alcohol is being used...are you sure that you are not having a baby...have you picked out a name for this thing that is causing so much pain?
    I am so -o-o-o glad that they have found something that cuts the pain! That will help so much.
    Well I can't say that I talk to God about you at 4:00am,but He hears from me the first thing eahc morning and you are my first person to talk about.
    You girls, you may be only two in that town,but there are many of us that are with you every step you take.
    I love you and pray for each of you as you take on this monster!
    Sandra, you are our hands and hearts. Love Julia for all of us.
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete