Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Hopefully pain free
Julia's procedure went well but the radiologist told Sandra that the tumor had grown significantly. They have decided to go a step futher on the pain management and are doing another procedure Celiac Plexus Block tomorrow at 12:00. You can read about this procedure at http://pathology.jhu.edu/pancreas/TreatmentPain.php. I talked with Julia this afternoon and was so excited, she had no pain and was eating a grilled cheese sandwich. Well...the eating lasted for about 2 bites and a bite or so of a pickle. So as of 9:00 that is all she had eaten all day today. Sandra is going to talk to her care manager tomorrow about the lack of appetite etc. I am even more concerned about the lack of fluids. But like I told Sandra, this is normal and the best thing to do is talk to the Care Manager and maybe the nutrionist for advise on what her role should be and what would be the best way to help. I know Julia and sometimes the more you say the worse it gets. Beth, I'm hoping she will want to impress you and at least try to eat. My candle was lit and a prayer went out for Julia and Sandra at 9:00. Sandra loves Julia and is feeling helpless but I know she is doing a good job. When I talked to Sandra about 9:10, Julia was sleeping and actually laying on her back (it's been a long time since she's done that) so at least it sounds like she is getting some relief from pain and that will probably help her appetite more than anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Julia, if you are reading this , I want you to know how awsome the love you are recieving thru prayer and friendship is inspiring even me, the male of the bunch.I know how headstrong you can be girl.I know because we were raised up as neighbors and often waved across the sage field.Remember how often i bumed the rides from school with you and your Mom in that ole Ford. Well, its time to bite your lip baby, time to bear down and fight. I for one know some of your pain and the weakness it brings,but there can be many battles in this war and you must make up your mind to fight. Do what you have to do, force yourself at times and when idle, do those puzzles and constructive thoughts.Please force yourself to eat and know there are ways to help the pain and to oncrease appetite (munchies they call it).Fight with everything you got and know I am just across the sage field fighting with you. Love Ya! Freddy
ReplyDelete