Off to Oconomowoc
I talked with Julia a couple of times yesterday. Her nephew (Rich) took her and Linda to his home in Oconomowoc, WI for Mother's Day. I am sure Linda enjoyed being with her son...I'd say with him in Wisconsin and her in Mississippi that does not happen for Mother's Day too often. When I talked with Julie; Rich, Doug and Linda had went out shopping and doing the normal Saturday trips to the meat market etc. When I was there we went to the meat market and I had an awesome Brat that one of the Community Clubs was cooking right beside the market. Apparently in the spring and summer the clubs grill etc. to raise money. Well let me tell you, that was the best Brat I had ever had. My husband cooks a good brat but those fresh made ones there in Wisconsin can't be beat. Julia was enjoying relaxing at home with the girls (Shelby & Skyler...the Australian Shepherds)
She had visited the pain mgmt specialist on Friday and they had doubled her dose of the long acting pain medication and of course she has meds she can take every 2 hrs if needed. It sounds like the pain is getting worse but the change in meds seems to be helping....she did sound like she was in pretty good spirits. She also met with the Naturopath Dr on Friday and they have put her on nine supplements...she said most of them looked like horse pills and she would have to get up an hour earlier just to get all of her meds down. I hope the new meds do not have a negative impact on her appetite. She still eat very minimal amounts..the one thing she can almost always eat (but still not a lot at one sitting) is watermelon. She probably will eat about a fourth of what we would think of as a normal slice. She promises me that she is getting down a little bit of food every day.
Keep praying!
Love,
Peggy
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Spokes with Jules this weekend as well. You can tell she's in pain. Hopefully the up in pain meds will help.
ReplyDeleteI am making plans on heading to Chicago in about 2 1/2 weeks. Looking forward to being with our friend for a few days.
Hang in there Jules, we love ya Lois Peace
Good morning Girls-
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that you had a good time at Rich's for Mothers' Day. Jules, are you thinking that the "girls" needed your attention over the weekend? I know it was good to see Rich and his family...including the dogs.
Crissy and her dad viewed your up date this weekend and he is hoping for your progress. They needed a tutoring session from me (!!!!) to send a message! We will get all of your Rockwood family on board yet!
Much love to you girls.
We are thinking about you with love and prayers.
Suzan
Mon.May 11
ReplyDeleteWell,I'll try this one more time.
Tomorrow is a big day for you.Your first radiation treatment.I know God had the doctors hands in His, and the markings are perfect. I pray they blast the tumor to smitherines!!!
You are not in this alone ol' girl. We are right beside you fighting this. I get madder every day. I'm now in the RAMBO mode. Picture this...Jan with a bandana tied around her forehead.A machine gun slung on her back.The devil is in her eyes and a mission is on her mind. She is wading in water with snakes, alligators and leeches; a machete clinched in her right hand and a Hershey bar in her left! "Kill,Kill Kill", she mutters. Julia's pancreas smiles. Help is on the way. Her stomach smiles,too. A Hershey bar has been spotted!The cancer does not have a chance! It shrivals in fear! RAMBO MAMAW has arrived!The war is on and it will be hell to pay!!!
I have had you in my heart all day and I'm so glad I got to talk to you.I'm sorry if it was a bad time. I wish I could make the pain vanish. Take care dear friend. Jan
Thinking of you and sending out a big "cyber-hug"
ReplyDeleteTuesday a.m.
ReplyDeletePrayers...hugs...prayers...hugs...prayers...hugs,
... cont.
Oh Julia, you will love this one. The seniors "borrowed" the big purple gorilla off of Furniture Warehouse and put it on top of the building at the entrance to the gym. Of course, Furniture Warehouse didn't know their Gorilla was gone. It inflated as the students were coming in to school. Little rascals! Hope you are having a good day today.
ReplyDelete