This is the most difficult blog I have done. The pain is gone in Julia's back but she now has a new pain in her side. Dr. Lindsey (the hospitalist) came in to talk to her today. First of all she was very dehydrated and he also told her the tumor had grown from 3 centimeters to 5.5 centimeters during the time she has been there. The cancer has not invaded other organs BUT it is invading the portal vein which is near the liver and one of the mesenteric vessels is encased with the cancer. The Mesenteric vessels are the arteries and veins that supply the small and large intestines. Also, there are now 4 lymph nodes that have tested positive. He suggested that chemo and radiation begin immediately. Julia said that she was in too much pain. He told her that he would give her a shot of dilaudid to take care of that...which he did. She still refused to begin therapy today or tomorrow. She says that she will start next Tuesday. Julia told me today that she wanted to feel good this weekend and not be sick. I asked her to promise to try to eat and drink so that she could at least get her body in better shape. She said she would and Sandra did say she ate some and drank fluids today. Julia was released from the hospital but while Sandra went to get the car she became too weak and they decided to keep her overnight again. Sandra said that when she stands up her blood pressure is dropping so much that she almost passes out.
Those of us that know Julie well, know that she can be very stubborn and does her own dance. I'm concerned about her willingness to truly fight. I don't know how everyone else feels but I have told her all along that it is her life and I will respect her decisions. Unfortunately I'm not sure of what she has decided to do nor am I convinced that she knows exactly what she wants to do. Please pray that she has the strength to make wise decisions for her well being and that we all have the strength to accept her decisions and support her to the best of our ability.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Please read my prior blog.I'm in such a shape I can't even think. Mamaw Jan
ReplyDeleteThat makes a bunch of us..... ughhhhh poor dear.... I just don't know what to say or do.
ReplyDeleteLois
Julie, I pray God give you strength and relieve your pain. I am thinking of you everyday.
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Jan
Well...I am at a loss for words...My heart is completely broken because I know Julia is getting worn down. I can't imagine the disappointment and frustration much less the PAIN!
ReplyDeleteJulia I have no idea what you are going through and I wish that I could do something, but like many others we feel helpless. There are many of us who love you very much and want you to return home PAIN and CANCER FREE !! Please do not give in to this evil disease. Please try to eat and drink whenever you can through the day. FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Girl.
I miss you terribly.
Keep the faith ~ Tammy
Julia, I have been in some very tough health situations in the past that nobody knows about. I live with one that literary affects me every single second of my life (even when I'm asleep!) Although none have been like your situation, I know that no matter what, one must make a decision on how to get thru it; whatever that "it" is. Family and friends are there to give us a hand, but only we can make a decision on wich way to go. Whatever you choose to do, do it for yourself; do it because you want to. Nobody will know exactly what you are going through, but yourself, and we all must respect that. Now, I tell you though that fighting when you think you are beaten might seem too difficult, but DON'T let that feeling deceive you. YOU have power within yourself to FIGHT for your life. YOU and ONLY YOU. Think about it. Don't ever feel like a victim please...as long as you do, you will not get through this! You have to get over that thought; we are ALL victims of anything in life if we want to be. I used to be one myself. Now, I'm NOT although I want to feel like it sometimes. I fight it! If I don't, I get to feel really bad. Our mental state controls our physical state MUCH more than people give credit to. Feel victorious and you will be no matter what you body says.
ReplyDeleteI hope these words don't seem harsh to you. I just want you to fight it. Laugh at it, watch comedies, enjoy your surroundings outside even if it's from a window, laugh at it again, don't give cancer any credit. If you think cancer, more cancer you will get. Think HEALTH...HEALTH...HEALTH... HEALTH.... keep thinking HEALTH...laugh, laugh. I know you feel bad, but please, LAUGH and think HEALTH!!
I'll keep praying for you here.
We'll see you soon; healthy and vibrant!
Now, let me help you laugh a little:
(I got these jokes from www.funnyandjokes.com)
"So you think you’re the only one who can be funny when getting pulled over by a cop? Well, in this edition, the police officer strikes back! All those cop jokes we’ve been posting have finally caught up to us, a police (or as he preferred to be called… peace) officer out of Nevada sent us this little list of things cops like say too…
*“You don’t know how fast you were going? I guess that means I can write anything I want to on this ticket, huh?”
*“Can you run faster than 1200 feet per second? Because that’s the speed of the bullet that’ll be chasing you.”
*“The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a dog or cat?”
*“If you run, you’ll only go to jail tired.”
*“Fair? You want me to be fair? Listen, fair is a place where you go to ride on rides, eat cotton candy and corn dogs and step in monkey poop.”
*“No sir, we don’t have quotas anymore. We used to, but now we’re allowed to write as many tickets as we can.”
*“You didn’t think we give pretty women tickets? You’re right, we don’t. Sign here."
Take care,
Mari
hey woman!!! just got back from awards night and there is not a place on my body that is not sticky from all the sweat from sitting in the hot gym. just wanted to send you my thoughts and prayers. i know GOd will be with you and I will continue to pray fro you and ask teh prayer warriors at my church to pray for.
ReplyDeleteLove and God Bless,
Misty Nelson